Pranab Mukherjee is no more. It is an end of a grand chapter of politics. He has an identity with difference. He was liked and admired by many young politicians of different ideology. His name for President was welcomed by BJP without any objection. Here are few of the things you must know about him.
1. Not many know that apart from being a diplomat, Mukherjee was once a professor. He taught Political Science at the Vidyanagar College in South 24 Paraganas, West Bengal, in 1963
2. He had also worked as a journalist with a local Bengali newspaper, named Desher Dak.
3. Mukherjee was introduced to politics in 1969 by the then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi, who guided him to become a member at the Rajya Sabha.
4. One and only Congress leader who knew the constitution of Congress throughly.
5. Mukherjee is said to be the most versatile minister of India. He is the only minister to have handled four major ministries, defence, commerce, foreign and finance.
6. In 1984, Mukherjee was voted the Best Finance Minister in the World by Euromoney magazine. He is the only Finance Minister to have presented seven budgets.
7. After the demise of Indira Gandhi, Mukherjee quit the Congress and formed his own political party, the Rashtriya Samajwadi Party.
8. He is said to keep a diary for the last 40 years. The writings will be published posthumously, following the advice of Mukherjee himself.
10. After his appointment as the 13th President of India, Mukherjee has rejected seven mercy petitions including that of Afzal Guru and Ajmal Kasab. Who were hanged during his tenure.
11. The President made history when he taught school children about the political history of India on the occasion of Teacher’s Day on September 5 this year. Mukherjee taught secondary students of a government school at the President’s Estate in New Delhi.
12. The President is known to be a compulsive workaholic. According to his daughter Sharmishta, he works for almost 18 hours a day and hardly takes any leaves, except for his visit to Mirati, his hometown, during the Durga Puja.
13. He is the only leading Congress leader who attended an event at RSS function on 7th June 2018. For his visit, he was creaticised but the way he addressed from the dice of RSS won the heart of many.
14. He was a professor of political science. He taught political science at Vidyasagar college of 24 pargana West bengal.
15. Pranab Mukherjee was a journalist also. He worked as a journalist for a bangla news paper Desher daak
16. He is the only finance minister of india who presented budget 7 time in his tenure. Euro money magazine honoured him as the best Finance minister of the world.
The article is a tribute to the real hero of indian politics. Though his achievements and contribution can not be bound in words, The ingles post team have tried to give him the honour he deserve best of its knowledge.